“Broadstreet Properties $10,000 in Gift Cards Giveaway” – Contest
1. The “Broadstreet Properties $10,000 in Gift Cards Giveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) is held by Broadstreet Properties Ltd. (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs at participating Broadstreet Properties from 12/19/2022 at 9:00:01 AM (PST) to 01/08/2023 at 11:59:01 PM (PST) (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba Canada who are 19 years old or over. Employees, directors, officers, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible.
2.1 Entrants do not need to be a current or past Broadstreet Properties tenant to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary
By entering the contest, the Entrant confirms they have read, acknowledged and agreed to the contest rules as outlined herein.
3. Entry. To enter, proceed as follows: 3.1 Read the contest rules (https://www.broadstreet.ca/news)
3.2 During the Contest Period, complete all of the following (the “contest tasks”): Fill out an application form for a participating Broadstreet Properties rental apartment. Contact either a Broadstreet Properties Leasing Representative or Site Manager and pay a Security Deposit for a rental agreement.
3.3 Upon completion of the previous steps, Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
3.4 No purchase option. Send a letter requesting entry into the contest to Broadstreet Properties Home Office and Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Attn: Marketing Department 100 St. Ann’s Rd. Campbell River, BC V9W 4C4
3.5 Limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
3.7 One (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
3.8 Partial or selective completion of “contest tasks” will not constitute entry into the contest.
4. A total of Ten (10) prize packs having an approximate total value of Ten thousand dollars ($10,000) will be offered, consisting of: 4.1 Ten (10) $1,000 Gift Cards to be redeemed through https://guusto.com/. Participating merchants include Air Canada, Amazon, Bass Pro, Esso, Fairmont Hotels, Flight Centre and Hudson’s Bay. For a complete list of Canadian Merchants, please visit https://guusto.com/merchants
5. Prizes cannot be exchanged in whole or in part for cash.
6. Prize Limit (if applicable). There is a limit of one (1) prize per person and per residence for the Contest Period.
7. On February 14, 2023 at 1:00 PM (PST) in the Campbell River, BC office of the Contest Organizers, a random draw of ten (10) eligible entries will be held among all eligible entries registered during the Contest Period. The ten (10) eligible entries(y) randomly selected will each be awarded one (1) prize.
Odds of winning
8. The odds of winning are as follows:
The odds of an Entrant’s entry being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries registered during the Contest period.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
9. To be declared a winner, any selected Entrant must:
9.1 Receive from the Contest Organizers (the site manager) notification that they are the winner via email, phone message and/or conversation.
9.2 A “Prizing Agent” will send him/her an email with a Declaration and Release Form (the “Declaration Form”) for him/her to fill out with his/her last name, first name, age, a valid email address and/or phone number and sign such Declaration Form to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules. A printed version of the said Declaration Form is available upon request. The Declaration Form must be returned to the Contest Organizers (via the site manager) within 24 hours of its receipt by the selected entrant;
9.3 Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the Declaration Form;
9.4 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph.
10. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will cause any selected Entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw until an Entrant is selected and declared a winner.
11. Within three (3) days following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Forms, the Contest Organizers will contact the winners to inform them of the way they can take possession of their prize.
12. Verification. Contest comments and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Contest comment or Declaration Form which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
13. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other Entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
14. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Broadstreet Properties assets, digital or tangible and/or any related sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
15. Acceptance of prizes. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below.
16. Substitution of prizes. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
17. Liability limit: use of the prizes. By entering the Contest, any Entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandataries (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
18. Liability limit: prize supplier. Any Entrant selected for a prize acknowledges that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of the providers of services and goods related to the prize.
19. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any Entrant’s participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
20. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
21. Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the applicable system and/or procedure cannot register all Contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest.
22. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
23. Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
24. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any Entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize for publicity purposes (including on the winners list posted on the Broadstreet Properties Facebook page as applicable), without any form of compensation.
25. Communication with Entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with Entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
26. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to Entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
27. Property. Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to Entrants.
28. Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the Entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
29. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal.
30. Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
31. Contest Organizers’ Address. The place of business for the Contest Organizers at the time of the Contest period is 100 St. Ann’s Rd. Campbell River, BC V9W 4C4
32. Applicable Law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, the Contest Organizers or any other Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed an construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in British Columbia in any action relating to these Contest Rules or relating to this Contest.