Posted Apr 6, 2021
Are you passionate about working with your hands, fixing what's broken, and working to improve the quality of life of others? As a floating Maintenance Technician, every day is different with one common factor – everything you do has a positive impact on turning someone's unit into a "Home". Imagine the sense of satisfaction you will receive when you look at your completed work and the smile on a tenant's face, knowing you are the one who made the difference.
Based out of South Edmonton, you will have the opportunity to make a difference at multiple sites throughout South Edmonton, Beaumont, and Leduc by applying today! This opportunity has the potential to become assigned to one specific site.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Diagnosing and repairing basic to intermediate plumbing, heating and electrical problems
- Performing repairs on windows, blinds, doors, switches, plugs, appliances, equipment, fixtures and carpet, vinyl and ceramic tile replacement
- Painting, drywall patching, mudding, taping, etc.
- Maintaining building exterior including basic grounds maintenance as required
- Detecting faulty operations, defective materials and reporting deficiencies
What you need to be successful:
- 2+ years' experience in a maintenance related role
- Completion of relevant trade, technical certification, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of hand tools and repair equipment
- Computer skills
- Availability to work on-call on rotational basis
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
- Willing and able to travel to multiple sites
- Employer paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage (including family)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- $170 yearly health and wellness benefit
- Company cellphone
- RPP eligibility after one year
- Employee recognition program
Broadstreet Properties is a family owned and operated property management company partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments to build apartment and townhome communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse individuals who are driven to innovate our approach to asset management. We consider employee wellbeing a priority and are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our teams while ensuring a workplace that is respectful of everyone. Broadstreet Properties Ltd. practices equal opportunity and safe hiring processes when filling positions, and hires only the most qualified individuals.