Posted Jul 24, 2020
Are you passionate about working with your hands, fixing what's broken, and working to improve the quality of life of others? As a Maintenance Technician, every day is different with one common factor – everything you do has a positive impact on turning someone's unit into a "Home". Imagine the sense of satisfaction you will receive when you look at your completed work and the smile on a tenant's face, knowing you are the one who made the difference. Start making a difference at our Parkside Terrace apartments in Selkirk, MB by applying today!
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Diagnosing and repairing basic to intermediate plumbing, heating and electrical problems
- Performing repairs on windows, blinds, doors, switches, plugs, appliances, equipment, fixtures and carpet, vinyl and ceramic tile replacement
- Painting, drywall patching, mudding, taping, etc.
- Maintaining building exterior including basic grounds maintenance as required
- Detecting faulty operations, defective materials and reporting deficiencies
What you need to be successful:
- 2+ years' experience in a maintenance related role
- Completion of relevant trade, technical certification, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of hand tools and repair equipment
- Computer skills
- Availability to work on-call on rotational basis
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
- Willing and able to travel between sites
- Employer paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage (including family)
- Employee Assistance Program
- $170 health and wellness benefit
- Company cellphone
- RPP eligibility after one year
- Employee recognition program
Broadstreet Properties is a family owned and operated property management company partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments to build apartment and townhome communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse individuals who are driven to excel and make a difference. We work together to remain leaders in our industry and go above and beyond to build lasting relationships. Broadstreet Properties hires motivated individuals who want to work as part of a team to help take care of our clients and communities. As a result, we are a big and continuously growing family with no plans to slow down!