Posted Sep 16, 2020
The Landscape Team Lead oversees the overall landscape maintenance and planning for a variety of residential properties throughout Campbell River. This role requires a strong ability to organize, plan, and provide quality supervision for all aspects of grounds and landscaping needs. Overnight travel to Stuart Island to help support the Landscape Team at a privately-operated resort will be required occasionally.
The Landscape Team Lead is passionate about developing and maintaining a high level of excellence throughout the landscaped areas. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience with lawncare, irrigation, fertilizer and pesticide applications, tree & shrub care and possess a high aptitude for a wide variety of tools & equipment operations.
- Manage the execution and completion of on-site landscape projects
- Maintain ponds, pumps, filters and fountains
- Plan labour, material and equipment requirements and ensure completion of projects
- Supervise the landscape technicians on the crew
- Complete daily site walks to diagnose, action, and/or repair issues
- Improve curb appeal through landscaping at all properties
- Repair and maintain lawns
- Monitor property moisture levels to determine the needs for irrigation
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on lawn/irrigation equipment as needed
- Manage and complete pruning of all flowers, shrubs and trees and execute replacements as necessary
- Pick-up and delivery of materials using a truck & trailer or 5 ton cube van.
- Control insect and fungal infestations through applying pesticides and herbicides
- Aid in the coordination and direction of all grounds crew members
- 5+ years' previous landscaping experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a leadership role
- Ability to diagnose, repair, and maintain residential grounds
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Possess a valid Class 5 Drivers license and have a reliable vehicle
- Ability to use basic computer software and smart phone applications
- Willingness to obtain an applicator's license to apply pesticides and herbicides