Posted Jun 25, 2020
The Gardener is responsible for the maintenance and development of residential property grounds in the Campbell River area. The role will nurture and prune plants, shrubs and trees, as well as perform related duties, applying knowledge of landscape maintenance. The Gardener will also help to maintain lawns to established standards.
- Perform routine maintenance and landscaping renovation tasks.
- Maintain garden beds by planting, transplanting, cultivating, weeding, irrigating and pruning.
- Identify a large variety of plant material and their cultural requirements.
- Identify potential and current pests and diseases, performing techniques to control or mitigate plant pests/diseases.
- Maintain lawns by raking, edging, watering, weeding, aerating, fertilizing and seeding.
- Maintain grounds by clearing brush and debris by sweeping, cleaning up litter and clearing drains.
- Operate power and manual equipment and/or tools such as mowers, fertilizer spreaders, and other types of gardening equipment/tools.
- Ensure soil in different locations is of right quality and in good condition for planting and maintaining plant growth.
- Lay down mulch, wood chips, peat moss and other soil moisturizers.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the gardening/landscaping field.
- Must enjoy physical, outdoor labour.
- A valid Canadian driver's license is required; a satisfactory driver's abstract is required as a condition of employment.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Strong working knowledge of plant needs regarding conditions and fertilization.
- An interest in plants of different kinds and the environment in which they thrive.
- Ability to follow safe procedures for use of fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Excellent time management skills.