Posted Oct 9, 2020
We offer a fast-paced, corporate work environment that is friendly, vibrant, positive, professional and service-driven. The organizational culture is characterized by energy, respect, collaboration and a very strong sense of team and community.
Located in one of Canada's most beautiful areas, the Aviation & Travel Administrator role is based in Campbell River on Vancouver Island and is a full-time permanent position.
The Aviation & Travel Administrator will oversee the organization and function of flight operations, develop systems for streamlined administration, participate in hangar safety culture and crew scheduling, provide family updates, billings and monthly reports, act as a liaison between the airport and head office, and support rotary wing logistics and operation. This person will receive and process flight requests and liaise with passengers to provide flight and travel support in any way necessary.
- Handle all travel requests, planning and coordination for the Owner and Family
- Provide day-to-day operations support to the flight department, including:
- Receive and process flight requests, quotes, approvals and data entry in the scheduling platform for fixed wing and rotary aircraft
- Manage all bookings for passengers for hotels, car rentals
- Manage catering for flights
- Lead ground support for Helicopter operations: coordinate with heli pilot and guests to facilitate operations during mid-week and weekend events.
- Guest service - passenger and baggage handling
- Scheduling crew & aircraft
- Ensure completion of guest waivers/safety video debriefings
- Communicating with the Accounting department on billings and invoices
- Maintain guidelines, policies and procedures for Aviation Services, including quality assurance standards and industry recognized best practices regarding aircraft operations
- Flight following for fixed wing and rotary trips.
- Liaising with aircraft maintenance managers as required
- Monitor, assess and report on heliport and/or airport facilities as to their condition
- Participate in, and contribute to aviation auditing efforts or risk assessment evaluations
- Assist with creation and completion of safety reports with the Safety Manager
- Diligently monitor and control spending costs to align with the annual budget
- Implement policy and procedural changes
- Assist with maintaining the Company Operations Manual;
- Providing support to Aviation Ops Manager
- Experience in the aviation industry, preferably in a manager/supervisor role
- Be available for evening and weekend work, ability to be flexible with the work schedule
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulations (and other regulations, circulars, advisories, etc.) considered an asset
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be an organized, self-motivated and results-oriented individual
- Ability to be assertive, provide direction and guidance when necessary
- Decisive decision making abilities and sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Effective problem solver, influencer, able to make difficult decisions and deliver difficult messages, if necessary
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills