Posted Feb 10, 2020
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for assisting the Controller with the management of overall financial operations of Broadstreet Properties Ltd.. The Assistant Controller will aid the Controller in directing and managing the company's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements and reporting to top management and externally.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Work with Controller and operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Prepare and present financial information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Implement and manage internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
- Coordinate the mid-term and year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Training, mentoring and supervising accounting staff.
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Management and/or supervisory experience.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
- Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset.