You are professional and discrete, understanding the importance of privacy and confidentiality. You know how to handle tight deadlines and are known for being extremely accurate . You're a natural leader and thrive in a customer service environment.
If this sounds like you, Broadstreet Properties is currently seeking a Payroll Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the payroll department including supervising the payroll staff.
Your contributions to the team include:
- Coordinate the payroll process with other departments for the purpose of delivering services in compliance within established guidelines
- Oversee payroll staff and coordinate workload for the department
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal legislation
- Advise on assigned payroll activities and/or program components for the purpose of ensuring effective department functioning, coordinating activities
- Assist in developing and monitoring automated payroll systems
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of a variety of payroll related information for stakeholders
- Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Compile data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. time sheets, payroll software, salary adjustments records, tax forms, etc.)
- Verify a variety of payroll related information (e.g. time sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits, etc)
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum of three years' working experience in a payroll capacity
- Minimum of one year in a supervisory role
- PCP designation considered an asset
- Ceridian | Dayforce experience preferred
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge using formulas and pivot tables
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems, internal controls, and management
- Advanced proficiency of the accounting cycle
- Ability to learn accounting software and payroll programs quickly
- Knowledge of audits, income tax forms, RPP programs, health benefits programs, sick pay, etc.
- Employer paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage (including family)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Yearly health and wellness benefit
- RPP eligibility after one year
- Employee recognition program
- In-house professional development opportunities
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. is a family owned and operated property management company, partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments, that manage multi-family residential communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse team members who are motivated to continuously innovate our approach to asset management. We consider employee wellbeing a priority and are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our teams while ensuring a workplace that is respectful of everyone.
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. practices equal opportunity hiring and onboarding processes to ensure equal access and participation for everyone. We understand that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees irrespective of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. We believe in integrating people with disabilities into our workforce by removing barriers and meeting accessibility needs.