You are an efficient multitasker and know how to handle tight deadlines. You are professional and discrete, understanding the importance of privacy and confidentiality. If this sounds like you, Broadstreet Properties is currently seeking a Payroll Clerk to join our team in Winnipeg, MB.
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for processing payroll accurately and on time. They are competent in maintaining employee payroll files, managing payroll data, and handling tight deadlines. Multi-tasking and customer service are at the heart of their day-to-day work, ensuring employees’ questions and concerns are promptly answered with care while also maintaining regular payroll entry. Within their role, confidentiality is always at the top of their mind. The Payroll Clerk is professional and discrete, respecting the privacy of both the employees and the company.
Your contributions to the team include:
- Processing bi-weekly payroll including overtime, sick pay, benefits, and vacation for all salaried and hourly employees
- Compiling payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance, and other deductions
- Collecting time-sheets and reviewing work hours for completeness, accuracy, and correct cost allocation
- Implementing all wage changes accurately and in time for affected pay periods
- Reconciling payroll totals and ensure deductions are made as scheduled
- Creating internal management reports from the payroll system
- Generating and maintaining payroll profiles for all new and existing employees as advised by HR
- Responding to employee and government agency inquiries in regards to payroll
- Assisting in the creation and timely distribution of T4s
What you need to be successful:
- Post-secondary education in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ experience in an accounting or payroll role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated knowledge of clerical accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Experience working in Ceridian (Dayforce) software is an asset
- Employer paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage (including family)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Yearly health and wellness benefit
- RPP eligibility after one year
- Employee recognition program
- In-house professional development opportunities
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. is a family owned and operated property management company, partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments, that manage multi-family residential communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse team members who are motivated to continuously innovate our approach to asset management. We consider employee wellbeing a priority and are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our teams while ensuring a workplace that is respectful of everyone.
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. practices equal opportunity hiring and onboarding processes to ensure equal access and participation for everyone. We understand that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees irrespective of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. We believe in integrating people with disabilities into our workforce by removing barriers and meeting accessibility needs.