Maintenance Technician - Saskatoon
Are you passionate about working with your hands, fixing what’s broken, and working to improve the quality of life of others? As a Maintenance Technician, every day is different with one common factor – everything you do has a positive impact on turning someone’s unit into a “Home”. Imagine the sense of satisfaction you will receive when you look at your completed work and the smile on a tenant’s face, knowing you are the one who made the difference. Start making a difference at our apartments in Saskatoon, SK by applying today!
Your contributions to the team include:
- Diagnosing and repairing basic to intermediate plumbing, heating and electrical problems
- Performing repairs on windows, blinds, doors, switches, plugs, appliances, equipment, fixtures and carpet, vinyl and ceramic tile replacement
- Painting, drywall patching, mudding, taping, etc.
- Maintaining building exterior including basic grounds maintenance as required
- Detecting faulty operations, defective materials and reporting deficiencies
What you need to be successful:
- 2+ years’ experience in a maintenance related role
- Completion of relevant trade, technical certification, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of hand tools and repair equipment
- Experience using computers, smartphones, and tablets; used for email, electronic work order applications, timesheets
- Availability to work on-call on rotational basis
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Employer paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage (including family)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Health and wellness benefit
- Company cellphone
- RPP eligibility after one year
- Employee recognition program
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. is a family owned and operated property management company, partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments, that manage multi-family residential communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse team members who are motivated to continuously innovate our approach to asset management. We consider employee wellbeing a priority and are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our teams while ensuring a workplace that is respectful of everyone.
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. practices equal opportunity hiring and onboarding processes to ensure equal access and participation for everyone. We understand that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees irrespective of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. We believe in integrating people with disabilities into our workforce by removing barriers and meeting accessibility needs.