Maintenance Team Lead - Saskatoon
Are you a natural born leader with the ability to plan, organize, and evaluate? Do you have a "fix it" attitude and enjoy mentoring others? If so, Broadstreet Properties is looking for a Maintenance Team Lead to oversee the work of Maintenance Technicians for our multi-family residential units throughout Saskatoon SK!
The role will support the prioritization of work order completion based on urgency and work to ensure customer satisfaction.
Your contributions to the team include:
- Coordinate the day-to-day operation of the maintenance team within a designated area
- Prioritize work order completion based on urgency and work with Site Manager and other Maintenance Technicians to ensure customer satisfaction
- Complete any required weekly, monthly, semi-annual or annual building and/or system inspections
- Support the completion of all maintenance activities
- Ensure all work orders are closed and corresponding paperwork submitted
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems
- Responsible for use, care, and maintenance of company tools, equipment, and vehicles
- Responds to emergency situations and works an on-call rotation as required for after hour call outs
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Detect faulty operations and defective material, then report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Ensure all safety procedures during all repairs and maintenance are followed
What you need to be successful:
- Strong background in commercial / residential maintenance
- Completion of relevant trade or technical certification an asset
- Minimum two years’ experience managing or leading staff
- Proficient computer skills for Microsoft Office products and running reports
- Must have effective communication skills and strong customer focus
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, problem solve, and proceed with objectives without supervision while following safe work procedures.
- Must be willing and able to travel to different sites as needed
- Employer paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage (including family)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Health and wellness benefit
- Company cellphone
- RPP eligibility after one year
- Employee recognition program
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. is a family owned and operated property management company, partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments, that manage multi-family residential communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse team members who are motivated to continuously innovate our approach to asset management. We consider employee wellbeing a priority and are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our teams while ensuring a workplace that is respectful of everyone.
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. practices equal opportunity hiring and onboarding processes to ensure equal access and participation for everyone. We understand that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees irrespective of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. We believe in integrating people with disabilities into our workforce by removing barriers and meeting accessibility needs.