Don't let the small town fool you. At Broadstreet we move fast – changing, growing and evolving. Our asset portfolio has grown by over 50% in the last two years and we have no plans to slow down. We work hard to discover new opportunities and creating a new function of the business is just one way.
Our Legal Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of legal and administrative duties within the corporate sphere. This includes the preparation of legal documents and correspondence, as well as responding to inquiries. Broad and thorough knowledge of basic legal concepts and principles as well as corporate practices is essential for this role. This is a maternity leave coverage role starting immediately (initial term is 1 year).
- Investigates, gathers and compiles information on issues and drafts reports outlining alternative options and recommendations and assists in implementation of identified solutions
- Act as primary contact while maintaining corporate files and minute books.
- Assist in the management of property tax negotiations
- Negotiate and prepare contracts, releases, licenses, and agreements
- Maintain litigation files and act as the primary contact
- Produces a variety of documents including correspondence, memos, meeting agendas, reports, contracts, change orders
- Two years of direct work experience in a corporate legal capacity
- Strong knowledge of legal concepts, principles, and terminology
- Critical thinking, analysis, and research skills are essential
- Ability to read, interpret and apply legal documentation, laws or legislation
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information