Leasing Agent - Rent Up
Do you thrive in a sales environment and enjoy the thrill of problem-solving? Are you a people person who excels at building strong relationships? If so, we have an opportunity for you! Broadstreet Properties is seeking a Leasing Agent to join the Rent-Up Team for our new property in Port Alberni!
As the Rent Up Leasing Agent, you will be responsible for building client relationships with prospective tenants to ensure sales targets are met and pipelines are proactively managed within your rent up site. You will place a focus on proactively qualifying and selling prospective tenants on units and ensure a strong client experience from their initial contact to the day they move into the suite and beyond.
Your contributions to the team include:
- Be responsible for answering incoming prospect phone calls in order to educate, attract, and rent units
- Proactively contact the site leads and wait-list to foster successful pipeline management and reduce vacancy rates
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, and schedule appointments
- Document client interactions in appropriate database or software
- Book appointments with potential tenants and contact applicants on waiting lists for viewings, while focusing on closing the sale
- Identify trends and make recommendations to your Rent Up Manager
- Complete pre-screening of applicants including credit check, employment check and rental references for pre-approval to rent
- Schedule lease signings with approved clients
- Remain informed of market research, customer service strategies and vacancy rates to ensure site targets and brand awareness
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum 2 years related sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
- Available for days, evenings, and weekends
- Employer paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage (including family)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- $170 yearly health & wellness benefit
- RPP eligibility after one year
- Employee recognition program
- In-house professional development opportunities
Broadstreet Properties is a family owned and operated property management company partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments to build apartment and townhome communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse team members who are motivated to continuously innovate our approach to asset management. We consider employee wellbeing a priority and are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our teams while ensuring a workplace that is respectful of everyone. Broadstreet Properties Ltd. practices equal opportunity hiring and onboarding processes and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees irrespective of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.