You are a leader and have a keen eye for creating beautiful landscapes. You are good with your hands and are not afraid to get them dirty. You have both a horticultural and mechanical aptitude. If this sounds like you, Broadstreet Properties is seeking a Grounds Foreman to join our operations.
The Grounds Foreman leads and manages the overall enhancement and landscaping maintenance of commercial and multi-family residential properties in the Campbell River area. This role requires a strong ability to organize, plan, and provide quality supervision for all aspects of grounds and landscaping needs. The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing commercial & residential landscaping, have experience with grounds design and possess a talent for construction maintenance.
- Manage and plan labor, material and equipment requirements to ensure completion of projects
- Improve curb appeal through landscaping, painting signage, painting curbs, etc.
- Monitor property moisture levels to determine the needs for irrigation
- Manage and complete pruning of all flowers, shrubs and trees and execute replacements as necessary
- Control insect and fungal infestations through applying pesticides and herbicides
- Ensure all parking lot sweeps are executed effectively keeping them accessible and snow free
- 2+ years' previous maintenance and landscaping experience
- Ability to diagnose, repair, and maintain residential buildings
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Possess a valid Class 3 Drivers license
- Ability to use basic computer software and iPhone applications
- 24/7 on call availability for one week in the month is required
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- $170 yearly fitness benefit
- Registered Pension Plan
- Breakfast and Lunch provided daily