March 17th 2023
Energy Services Analyst
Campbell River, BC
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a professional, independent thinker who is motivated by developing a plan from the ground up. The Energy Services Analyst will lead the way in the analysis of our portfolio’s utility management practices, analyzing and reporting energy consumption and costs, and developing programs designed to distribute energy expertise and reduce costs across Canada!
If you thrive off analyzing data and thinking of new ways to reduce costs, then this job is for you. Apply today!
- Manage commodity acquisition, hedging and balancing.
- Perform wholesale, forward, regulated rate, competitive retail pricing and economics analytics
- Provide support on regulatory proceedings through development of argument, data analysis and regulator writing
- Remain current on emerging energy efficacy technologies
- Develop energy management plans and savings targets
- Provide clear and concise reporting of all energy activities and present findings
- Implement energy conservation opportunities
- Support regular property energy audits
- Review rate calculations in preparation for monthly reporting
- Research methods/business practices to saving energy
- Promote conservation practices and control methods around energy sources
- Oversee and influence the gross energy costs of our properties
- Negotiate and source new providers, best operating rates for garbage/ recycling, other utility management.
- Liaise with municipalities and utility providers to monitor billing structure
- Post-secondary education in Business, Economics or equivalent
- Background in quantitative analysis, forward market analysis or energy pricing/procurement
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced skills in Excel and financial reporting software
- Ability to travel and meet with municipal authorities
Broadstreet Properties is a family owned and operated property management company partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments to build apartment and townhome communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse individuals who are driven to innovate our approach to asset management. We consider employee wellbeing a priority and are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our teams while ensuring a workplace that is respectful of everyone. Broadstreet Properties Ltd. practices equal opportunity and safe hiring processes when filling positions, and hires only the most qualified individuals.