Director, Business Development
You’re a high performing business development professional with a knack for creating new revenue-generating ideas. You’re a people person with the natural ability to build relationships with others.
The Director, Business Development reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, will be responsible for leading the ongoing development of new lines of business opportunities to support the organization. The position is required to monitor the marketplace and ensure the organization is on the leading edge of products and services.
Your contributions to the team:
- Research, develop and recommend best practices, processes & strategies for the discovery of new business opportunities.
- Develop needs analysis, feasibility studies, and other related documents to effectively evaluate possible new lines of business.
- Develop and recommend internal processes to define product and/or services strategies, plans and priorities.
- Promote the company’s services to other potential stakeholders.
- Monitor the status of business development projects.
- Monitor and determine life cycles and profitability management for the organization.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business requirements and expectations; develop and execute against strategic direction for business development.
- Provide and maintain an environment that fosters process improvement, innovation, and development to meet and exceed stakeholder and business expectations.
- Communicate current and future trends of business development as it relates to current and future projects.
What you need to be successful:
- Post-secondary education in Business or Finance
- 10+ years in a business development role
- Sound proven leadership and decision making, staff management and team-building skills
- Exceptional relationship builder
- Ability to develop and present business cases
- Superior analytical skills Able to determine best course of action using available resources
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to prioritize
- Effective communication (written and verbal) skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. is a family owned and operated property management company, partnered with Seymour Pacific Developments, that manage multi-family residential communities. We are a growing organization made up of diverse team members who are motivated to continuously innovate our approach to asset management. We consider employee wellbeing a priority and are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our teams while ensuring a workplace that is respectful of everyone.
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. practices equal opportunity hiring and onboarding processes to ensure equal access and participation for everyone. We understand that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees irrespective of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. We believe in integrating people with disabilities into our workforce by removing barriers and meeting accessibility needs.